This first bootcamp will show you how to use Roll to manage sales.
- Customise your settings
- Capture leads
- Create and send quotes
- Manage your pipeline
- Add and manage companies
- Add and manage contacts
Before you start capturing leads, sending quotes and managing your sales pipeline you should take a few minutes to customise the settings you in Roll account.
- Go to the settings area of Roll by clicking on the setting symbol in the top right corner
- On the general settings page you can change your currency symbol, add job types and lead sources, add hourly rates as well as a bunch of other things.
- Use the left side menu to adjust your financial setting, add users, view and change your plan and view and edit your personal profile.
- Once you’re done make sure you click ‘save’ at the bottom of each page. .
This is the first step in the process. As a new lead or opportunity comes in, you add it as a new project into your Roll pipeline. It doesn’t matter if it’s a new opportunity with an existing client or a new client, the process is always the same.
- Go to your project view using the navigation in the top left next to the Roll logo
- Select 'Pipeline' from the left hand options
- Click on the ‘New Project’ button (top left) to create a new project
- Fill in the details of the new opportunity. You can enter as many or as little details as you want / have at this point. You can always fill in the gaps later. However, we do recommend to enter your best estimates for product value and estimated month end to ensure your Roll dashboard represents the most accurate picture of your business.
You can create new companies, job types and lead sources on the fly. Just start typing and if it doesn’t already exist an ‘add…’ option will show. Click on 'add...' and the new company will automatically be created.
The new quoting feature is now live in the app. Open your project view and you will see the "Quote Job" button on the right.
It's all very simple and straightforward. You probably don't need any instructions at all. But we did put together the short video below so you can see how it all works.
Let’s say you have a few projects in your pipeline now. With Roll it’s easy to keep an eye on all your opportunities. You can also create tasks to make sure nothing gets missed (more about that in Bootcamp 2). Roll also shows you the total value of your pipeline so you know how much work you have coming in.
Once a project is confirmed you can easily move it to ‘In Progress’ by clicking the ‘Won’ button at the bottom of the project info page.
You can also move projects into different stages (Pipeline, In Progress, Completed and Lost) via the simple drag and drop functionality. Click and hold the three dots that show when you hover over the left side of the company name in the project overview view and drag and drop the projects into the new stage.
Roll also shows you the total value of your pipeline [that is, if you are entering values for your opportunities], so you know how much work you have coming in. We will cover this in more details in Bootcamp 4.
As mentioned above, you can easily create new companies on the fly when you add a new project. But we know that sometimes you just want to track a company/contact without necessarily assigning them to a specific project. That’s why Roll also lets you add companies separate to projects.
- Click on the little address book in the top left menu
- Select Companies from the left side options
- Click the ‘New Company’ button in the top left
- Enter the company and main contact details – you can enter as many or as few details as you want. Just leave the other fields blank.
Your company view now shows a list of all your companies. To find a specific company use the search box at the top of the page.
In Roll, all contacts need to be connected to a company so for the first contact from any company you would always create a new company (see steps above) and then add the person as the primary contact.
You can add as many contacts as you want to any company. Simply open the company view, scroll to the bottom and click on ‘New Contact’.
You can view all your contacts by selecting ‘Contacts’ from the left side options. To find a specific contact use the search box at the top of the page.
Updated less than a minute ago